Friday, July 06, 2007

Medicinal Cake (くすりケーキ)

A few days ago, we were talking to our daughter regarding her future aspirations. You know how our school teachers or mothers always asks us when we were younger, "What do you want to be when you grow up dear?". And Phoebe seems to have made up her mind to open a cake shop. Her favorite times are those in which she helps her mom to whip up a delicious chocolate cake for the whole family. We always enjoyed her cakes. I guess that sort of helped her decide her future career option.

Yesterday night, when tucking her to bed, her mom posed to her a question that will surely stump even Einstein. "What will you do for mom when she gets sick, dear?" "Not a problem, I'll just make you a kusuri-keiki (lit. medicine cake)," answered Phoebe nonchalantly. I was really taken aback when my wife related that to me. That is a fantastic idea, I said to myself. Kids around the world would never fear taking their medicine again.

I wonder if such an idea can be patented. Although there may be many problems, wouldn't you think that parents would be really glad to be told that it is time for their medicine, by their own kids! It would save us a lot of headache and frustration.

No comments: